Best paying slot machines at soaring eagle poker. Other real money betting apps may focus more on basketball and offer Vegas odds for the NBA and have a considerable NBA picks section on their app. Ultimately you want an app with mobile scores and odds that best suit what you are looking for. Other real money betting apps may focus more on basketball and offer Vegas odds for the NBA and have a considerable NBA picks section on their app. Ultimately you want an app with mobile scores and odds that best. SBR is your one-stop shop for all your college basketball betting thrills and the best place to get free college basketball picks that’ll help you start winning today. BetNow has become one of the very best sports betting sites for US players. Their basketball betting app is unsurprisingly first-class.Estimated Read Time: 3 minutes
See All Guides
Based on the size of the global sports betting market, it’s no surprise that there are tons of sites offering databases and trend analysis for sports betting. Some sites provide their raw data for free. Others charge for their databases and provide exclusive commentary and proprietary analytic tools.
By combing through past sporting events and familiarizing yourself with different trends, you can gain invaluable insight into predicting the future and become highly successful sports bettor.
What Is the Best Free Sports Stats Database?
You’ll have to excuse us for including our own product on this list, but we wouldn’t have created this tool if we didn’t think it offered massive benefits to bettors. SBD Sharp looks at sports statistics a bit differently, tracking teams over time to determine their standing value as investments and to help you predict how they’ll perform in specific scenarios.
SBD Sharp will help you identify which teams offer the greatest return on investment as moneyline, point spread, or totals bets. You can look back at each team’s past records to see how much money you could have made betting on every individual game or the season as a whole.
Sharp tells you not only which games each team has won or lost. It tells you when you would have profited betting on them, and how much you would have made. It’s a betting trend analysis tool, and it’s an ideal solution for those who want to track sports bets and teams as investments over time.
You can choose from a number of formats to display the data, and filter the results by the following criteria to show you the best teams to bet on: at home, when away, as favorite, as underdog, as home favorite, as home underdog, as road favorite, and as away favorite. Handicapping is all about finding statistics and information that tells you how a team is likely to perform in very specific situations.
Evaluating these trends over the course of a season is a great way to predict what’s likely to happen the next time your team faces similar conditions.
Some of the sharpest statisticians in the industry work at FiveThirtyEight. Nate Silver (who has appeared on Time Magazine’s’ Top 100 Most Influential People in the World issue) started FiveThirtyEight to write on, analyze, and predict NBA games with an advanced form of statistical analysis by the name of sabermetrics. Nate Silver’s brainchild has applied world-class statistical methodology to predict the future of everything from federal elections to the winner of the Super Bowl.
Not only does FiveThirtyEight make all of their data publically available (thanks for their firm belief in transparency), but they offer a predictive model for both the NBA and the NFL. They employ two different systems: “ELO” and “CARMELO” rankings.
Nate Silver describes them as follows:
“Elo ratings are a measure of team strength based on head-to-head results, margin of victory and quality of opponent, while our CARMELO projections estimate a player’s future performance based on the trajectory of other, similar NBA players.”
Nate Silver created the CARM-Elo model with a combination of both the ELO ratings and CARMELO projections. As a forecast model, the CARM-Elo system projects results based on a team’s roster, as well as historical game results. The CARM-Elo model is predicated on over 50,000 simulations of the remainder of the season, and it takes fatigue, home courts in higher altitudes, even distance traveled to games into account. Additionally, when it comes to predicting the playoffs, the CARM-Elo model also gives a small bonus to teams with significant playoff experience.
This is a great model and one that we recommend integrating into your sports bets. Correct more often than not, it’s also free, simple, and efficient. Plus, few have ever found a way make data more aesthetically appealing and exciting than the fine folks at FiveThirtyEight.
What Is the Best Subscription-Based Sports Stats Database?
Killer Sports is free (although you can purchase other people’s trends on the platform), and in our opinion, it’s one of the best available databases to sports bettors. In the past, the only people who had access to the same extensive data either worked at conglomerates like ESPN or paid thousands of dollars for programs that had to be updated every day.
Now, Killer Sports offers its patented SDQL (Sports Data Query Language) to anyone who subscribes to their services. It is undoubtedly the most comprehensive database available to the public.
What makes Killer Sports SDQL database so revolutionary? It allows users a unique opportunity to build and save their own trends, access team comparison tables, and access statistics that no other database currently offers their subscribers. The possibilities of what you can with Killer Sports data are limitless.
With their weekly reports on new emerging trends in their SDQL database, it’s impossible not to see why Killer Sports is a favorite of “sharps” everywhere.
Which Sports Stats Service Should I Choose?
If you’re just starting out, we advocate sticking with the free services. Once you start developing your identity as a sports bettor and get accustomed to the nuances of sports betting a subscription service will help you gain a valuable edge over your sportsbook.
Can I bet on college basketball in Indiana?
Yes, you can bet in Indiana. The easiest way is by downloading an online betting app to place bets anywhere within the state’s borders. Apps include DraftKings, FanDuel, and BetRivers. In-person betting is allowed in casinos with sportsbooks that are also run by big names like DraftKings, FanDuel, Caesars Sport, and William Hill.
There are no restrictions on betting for Division I college basketball in Indiana. That stands in contrast to other states, like New Jersey, where fans are prohibited from betting on New Jersey teams.
When it comes to picking a betting app, there are several things to consider. You want to pick one that offers the sports you like betting on. Additionally, you’ll want to pick a sports betting app that offer the best lines and a good welcome bonus. Really, though, picking an app or apps to bet on is a matter of personal preference. Three of the best include:
- DraftKings: DraftKings Sportsbook app offers points spread, total points, and moneyline betting options. Other online options include alternate point spreads and alternate total points. Signing up for DraftKings will net you a sign-up bonus and free bets.
- FanDuel:FanDuel sportsbook app provides point spread, total points, and moneyline betting options. Additional choices include parlays, teasers, and a variety of in-game options. Put together a five-part parlay and FanDuel will give you up to $25 back if you miss on a leg.
- BetRivers: BetRivers sportsbook app offers Indiana bettors the mainstays of sports betting with live game betting and futures options. Take a look at popular live bet options or take a longer approach with season results.
Best Basketball Betting App Sites
How to bet on NCAAB in Indiana
When it comes to betting on college basketball, there are plenty of things to wager on besides just the outcome of the game. Here are some of the most popular types of college basketball bets:
Best Sports Betting Apps Usa
- Spread: The spread is a number that represents how many points the favorite is expected to win by over the underdog. For example, if the spread was Indiana Hoosiers -3, the Hoosiers would need to not only win, but win by at least three points for the bet to cash. On the other hand, let’s say it was Purdue who was +3 against the Hoosiers. Even if Purdue loses, if they only lose by two points, the bet still wins.
- Moneyline: If you don’t want to worry about points or how much a team wins or loses by, you can always place a moneyline bet. These bets are on which team will outright win a sporting event.
- Totals: Totals bets allow bettors to decide whether or not the two teams will combine for more points or fewer points than a given number. If a total was 123, you can bet the under, which means the two basketball teams will score a combined 122 or fewer points. Or, you can bet the over, which means the two teams will combine for more than 123 points.
- Parlays: Link up multiple bets, where you can rack up the dollars by checking off multiple victories at once. It will give you more favorable odds that will increase your payout. However, you’ll need to win all the selections to get anything.
- Props: Go beyond the final score and get creative. Props allow you to bet on events that happen within a game, like how many points a certain player will score.
- Futures: Try to predict the season’s end with odds on future results like which team will cut the nets in April or in the conference championships.
- Live betting: NCAA live betting, also called in-game betting, means you can make more decisions after the ball tips. Make bets based on the live results and changing perceptions and see how the odds change.