Horse Racing news, commentary, race results, audio and video highlights from ESPN.
Racehorse names are renowned for their uniqueness, ability to make people laugh and to be confused all at once.
The lists below show notable Thoroughbred horse races in various countries around the world. In countries with a grading system, the included races are normally Group or Grade 1.However, some restricted races such as the Queen's Plate in Canada are also included, and all races at the Royal Ascot festival are included because of their prestige. Charlestown Races: 750 Hollywood Drive, Charles Town, WV 25414 Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort (MNR): P.O. Box 356 Chester, WV 26034: Wyoming Wyoming Horse Racing (Sweetwater Downs): 1601 Harrison Drive, Evanston, WY 82930.
Often the words are a mixture of the horse’s parents and something personal to the owner or the Stallion’s birthplace; so make sure you take your time when searching for a title.
Racehorses are beautiful animals, with a combination of gorgeous looks, incredible skill, powerful bodies and inspirational resilience.
They therefore deserve a moniker which highlights all of these magnificent qualities.
Names for Racehorses can be no more than 18 characters, therefore we’ve compiled 100 names to fit this brief, including names from popular culture, famous phrases, and horse puns which will make any announcer chuckle.
We hope you really enjoy exploring our suggestions.
List Of 100 Racehorse Names
|Best Names for Racehorses|
|1 Up||DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo||Lady Jane Gray||RubyRubyRubyRuby|
|Amazing Grace||Exterminator||Looking Good||Senorita|
|AnAppleADay||Fast As Lightning||Magic Mike||ShimmyShimmyYa|
|Anything’s Possible||Fifty Shades of Hay||Mamma Mia||Sniper’s Dream|
|Arrrrr||Flame Thrower||Maple Stirrup||Snow White|
|AsGoodAsItGets||Fly Me To The Moon||Midnight Dream||Speed of Light|
|Bangers n’ Mash||Foxy Lady||Mischief||Speedy Gonzales|
|Best Bet||FrostyJacks||Morgan Le Fay||Stormbreaker|
|Big Ben||Ginger Snap||My Heart’s Desire||Super Horse|
|Black Bess||Glamour Puss||Mysterious Girl||Super Star|
|Black Velvet||Gold Digger||No Fear||Super Star|
|Braveheart||Gold Dust||Nuts||Sweet Dreams|
|Bucking Bronco||Great Gatsby||Old Town Road||Sweet Pea|
|Bullet Proof||Hahahahahaha||One Trick Pony||Tempest|
|Caramel Wafer||Head over Heels||Perfect Harmony||Thunder Bolt|
|ChaseYourDreams||Hoof Hearted||Pippi Longstocking||Trigger|
|Chicken Dinner||Horsing Around||Prima Donna||Triple Threat|
|Chico Time||Hotshot||Prince Caspian||Trojan Horse|
|Cloud 9||Isn’t She Lovely||Prince Charming||Twist n’ Shout|
|Cotton Eyed Joe||It’s A Long Story||Quality Street||WeAreTheChampions|
|Dancing Queen||Iwinyougetnothing||Queen Bee||Wee Willie Winkie|
|Denman’s Call||Jackpot||Queen of Sheba||Winsome|
|Destiny’s Child||Jean Valjean||Rainbow Fire||World Class|
|Don’t You Stop||King of Kings||Razzle Dazzle||Zero to Hero|
100 Famous Racehorse Names
- 1 Up – a great idea for a racehorse who loves to win and get a ‘1 Up’ on their opponents
- Allegro – meaning ‘something performed at a brisk speed’, making it a fitting choice for a speedy Stud
- Amazing Grace – after the beautiful song, this would suit a first-class Colt
- AnAppleADay – it’s well-known that horses love apples, so this well-known phrase makes a funny name!
- Anything’s Possible – a brilliant choice for a Gelding with big hopes and dreams!
- Arrrrr – after a Stallion who ran at Saratoga in 2008, this is hilarious for an announcer to read out!
- AsGoodAsItGets – this phrase makes a funny choice for a racehorse who always tries their hardest!
- Bangers n’ Mash – a random name for a racehorse, after the well-known British delicacy!
- Best Bet – if you think your racehorse is the winning stallion, then give it this confidence-boosting word!
- Big Ben – this London landmark makes a brilliant choice for a huge Stud with the longest legs around!
- Black Bess – after the dark horse from the classic novel
- Black Velvet – a beautiful choice for a Gelding with stunning black hair
- Braveheart – after the courageous 13th Century Scottish warrior ‘William Wallace’, making this name brilliant for the bravest racehorse around
- Bucking Bronco – if your racehorse often makes jerky movements, this is the perfect choice
- Bullet Proof – a powerful name for a powerful stallion with strong and courageous qualities
- Caramel Wafer – this sweet treat makes a brilliant name for the sweetest Thoroughbred
- ChaseYourDreams – an inspirational moniker for a Gelding who aims high
- Chicken Dinner – after the well-known phrase ‘winner-winner-chicken-dinner’
- Chico Time – after the hilarious song by X-factor contestant ‘Chico’
- Cloud 9 – a brilliant name for a racehorse who makes you feel like you’re on cloud 9
- Cotton Eyed Joe – after the song by Rednex, which will generate plenty of laughs
- Dancing Queen – this well-known ABBA song makes a unique and funky moniker for a crazy racehorse who loves a jig!
- Denman’s Call – after the great track announcer ‘Trevor Denman’
- Destiny’s Child – after the iconic girl group of the 1990s!
- Don’t You Stop – from the well-known nursery rhyme ‘Horsey horsey don’t you stop’
- DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo – a hilarious idea after the song from ‘The Sound of Music’
- Enchantress – a great word for a charming and beautiful female racehorse
- Exterminator – this name suits any racehorse who loves to exterminate its opponents on the racetrack!
- Fast As Lightning – naming your Stallion after this simile will perfectly reflect their speed
- Fifty Shades of Hay – a hilarious racehorse name and pun on the film ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
- Flame Thrower – perfect for a fiery and passionate Thoroughbred!
- Fly Me To The Moon – after the classic, smooth-as-silk song by Frank Sinatra, this title is perfect for a Gelding with a beautiful coat!
- Foxy Lady – perfect for a female Stud who looks fabulous
- FrostyJacks – this classic cider makes a hilarious and quirky title
- Ginger Snap – a brilliant name for a pet with auburn tones in their coat
- Glamour Puss – this popular expression makes a brilliant choice for a racehorse who is a bit of a diva
- Gold Digger – perfect for a Stud who is always looking to win
- Gold Dust – this phrase is used to describe rare things, so if your Colt has unique and exceptional talents then it will suit this choice perfectly
- Great Gatsby – this fictional 1920s character from F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel; a brilliant idea for a racehorse with lots of power
- Hahahahahaha – a commentator’s nightmare, but a great laugh!
- Head over Heels – if you are head over heels in love with your Gelding, this could be the perfect one!
- Hoof Hearted – try saying this word quickly for comedic effect
- Horsing Around – a perfect name for a racehorse who loves to have fun and play
- Hotshot – meaning ‘someone with exceptional talents’, making it a brilliant moniker for a Thoroughbred with many amazing qualities
- Isn’t She Lovely – after Stevie Wonder’s adorable song
- Iwinyougetnothing – a great idea for a smug horse and an equally smug rider!
- Jackpot – if you think you’ve hit the jackpot with your racehorse, give it this name to give it the credit it deserves
- Jean Valjean – after the hero of Victor Hugo’s novel ‘Les Misérables’
- King of Kings – perfect for a Stallion who deserves to be put on its pedestal!
- Lady Jane Gray – after the queen of England who only ruled for nine days, we hope your racehorse lasts a lot longer!
- Let’s Go! – a brilliant title to reflect the fast and powerful nature of Studs!
- Looking Good – for a Colt who always looks good and gets lots of attention
- Magic Mike – after the 2012 comedy film starring Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer
- Mamma Mia – this Italian exclamation makes a great Gelding name
- Maple Stirrup – a hilarious pun on the sweet sauce ‘maple syrup’
- Midnight Dream – a beautiful, poetic choice for a Stallion with a black coat as dark as midnight
- Mischief – a hilarious title for a cheeky Thoroughbred who loves to cause chaos!
- Morgan Le Fay – after the mysterious fairy enchantress from Arthurian legend
- My Heart’s Desire – if your Stallion is everything you want them to be and more, this is perfectly suited to them!
- Mysterious Girl – after Peter Andre’s famous song, a hilarious idea for a dark female horse
- No Fear – does your Stud show no fear in the face of obstacles? If so, then this sounds like the perfect one!
- Nuts – a short, simple and funny horse name for a crazy Colt with a great personality!
- Old Town Road – after the popular song by Billy Rae Cyrus and Lil’ Nas
- One Trick Pony – meaning ‘someone with a special feature or talent’
- Perfect Harmony – perfect for a well-behaved racehorse who gets on well with everyone and anyone
- Pippi Longstocking – a hilarious choice for a ginger horse with long hair!
- Prima Donna – if your Gelding is a diva, this is the perfect sassy choice for them
- Prince Caspian – after the fictional, daring and brave prince from C. S. Lewis’ novel
- Prince Charming – this fairy-tale prince makes a fabulous racehorse name!
- Quality Street – naming your Stallion after this iconic British chocolate brand is a great way to show them how they are just so sweet!
- Queen Bee – a powerful name for a female racehorse which will make her stand out from the crowd!
- Queen of Sheba – after the biblical Queen
- Rainbow Fire – two words which are perfectly suited to a vibrant, bubbly and passionate horse
- Razzle Dazzle – after the song from the musical ‘Chicago’
- RubyRubyRubyRuby – this name is a mouthful for an announcer
- SaveTheBest‘TillLast – if your racehorse is used to finishing last, this is a funny choice
- ShimmyShimmyYa – this funny, random name is a great name for a sassy Gelding who loves to dance!
- Sniper’s Dream – a great idea for a huge horse
- Snow White – perfect for a beautiful white racehorse
- Speed of Light – what better name for a racehorse than one which just exudes speed and pace
- Speedy Gonzales – after ‘The Fastest Mouse in all Mexico’
- Stormbreaker – after the enchanted axe used by Thor from the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Super Horse – nothing shouts ‘winner’ like the name ‘Super Horse’
- Super Star – if your Stallion is the best around, give it this title to show off how great they are
- Sweet Dreams – if you often have sweet dreams about your dreamy horse, this is the perfect idea
- Sweet Pea – perfect for a racehorse with a loving nature
- Tempest – this stormy word is brilliant for a tempestuous horse!
- Thunder Bolt – a fabulous name for a racehorse who runs at the speed of light
- Trigger – perfect for a powerful Thoroughbred!
- Triple Threat – for a Stallion that has more than just one talent
- Trojan Horse – after the massive wooden horse from Greek mythology
- Twist n’ Shout – after the brilliant song by The Beatles, perfect for a Stallion who loves to move!
- WeAreTheChampions – after the renowned song by Queen
- Wee Willie Winkie – a hilarious racehorse name after the Scottish nursery rhyme beginning ‘Wee Willie Winkie runs through the town’
- Winsome – the first part of the phrase ‘you win some, you lose some’, which is an accurate description of horse racing!
- World Class – nothing shouts ‘winner’ quite like this confident moniker!
- Zero to Hero – after the song from the Disney film ‘Hercules’
We have come to the end of our run through of favorite racehorse names and we hope you have had a great time exploring all we had to offer!
From funny, to quirky, to popular, we included the lot in our list.
Hopefully there were a few that caught your eye and would suit your beautiful racehorse!
If you’re still looking for that special name to help your racehorse stand out from the crowd, keep persevering and placing random words next to each other to see if they work.
Thinking up crazy horse puns and looking for names that will bring out all the best qualities your horse has to offer is also very fun to do!
By cashing in an online casino $5 minimum deposit, or a deposit 5 get 25 free casino USA, you’ll be given either free spins or additional money to cash out with your next win.Some platforms will allow you to play for free without registering, but to enjoy the benefits of the bonuses and have the best experience with online casinos, you’ll be required to make an account. New online casino 5 minimum deposit.
Good luck with finding a horse name, and with horse racing too.Longchamp Racecourse Route des Tribunes
Bois de Boulogne 75116 Paris, France T. +33 821 213 213
Learn More about the Longchamp Racecourse including the History & Fun Facts
Famous French Horse Riders
The Longchamp Racecourse, with its official name being the Hippodrome de Longchamp, is one of the most most prestigious horse racing venues throughout the whole of France and the world. Below you can find directions to the racecourse.
Longchamp specializes in flat racing for thoroughbred racehorses. The racecourse holds around 30 race meetings annually. The racecourse runs 15 or more Group 1 Races each year.
Famous French People AliveIt's most famous as the venue for the Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe, held in early October each year. However, Longchamp also hosts the French 2,000 guineas and 1,000 guineas - called the 'Poule d'Essai des Poulains' and 'Poule d'Essai des Pouliches', respectively - and the Grand Prix de Paris.
An expensive renovation has been underway, which has seen the old grandstand demolished and a new one being built. The $145 million project is due to be completed soon and the historic racecourse is set to re-open in April of 2018.
The old design featured 2 grandstands that have now been consolidated into one larger modern grandstand. The grandstand will offer seating for 10,000 visitors and offer improved visibility of the races. The new focus is on a greener Longchamp. France Galop director general Olivier Delloye says 'It will really be a green bubble for Parisians, just 10 minutes from L'Arc De Triomphe. ' .