PointsBet offers one of the most distinctive online sports betting platforms in the US. The “PointsBetting” wagering style sets the PointsBet app apart from its competitors, allowing bettors to win (or lose) more money based on the final margin.
PointsBet MasterCard – You can instantly transfer funds to and from your PointsBet account using this prepaid card. PointsBet Customer Support. PointsBet offers both email and live chat support.
The PointsBet app launched in Michigan on Jan. 22, 2021, making Michigan the sixth state in which it operates. New bettors can sign up for a new account using the PointsBet promo code on this page, which yields up to $2,000 in risk-free bets.
- 76ers vs Trail Blazers Betting Lines for New Jersey. Have a look at the latest betting lines for 76ers vs Trail Blazers including money line, point spread, and totals (over/under).
- Patrick Reed: There’s a LOT to talk about with this guy, but let’s start with the fact he won a big event by one of the biggest margins you’ll see all year.In fact, Reed’s five-shot.
PointsBet Promo Code Details (4.5/5)
Claim up to $2,000 in two risk free bets with our exclusive PointsBet promo code BIGBONUS. Terms & conditions apply.
|PointsBet Bonus Promo Code||BIGBONUS|
|Type Of Bonus||Two Risk-Free Bets up to $2,000|
|Terms And Conditions||One Risk-Free Fixed Odds Bet up to $500 and One Risk-Free PointsBetting Wager up to $1,500|
|States Available In||NJ, IA, CO, IN, IL, MI|
|Promo Code Verified||March 2021|
Newcomers to PointsBet can use the promo code offered here at Gaming Today to unlock up to $2,000 in risk-free bets. The promo code BIGBONUS unlocks one risk-free fixed odds wager up to $500 and one risk-free PointsBetting wager up to $1,500.
The risk-free fixed odds bet offers up to a $500 refund on your first fixed-odds wager at PointsBet. The risk-free PointsBetting wager applied up to a $1,500 rebate on your first PointsBetting wager made at the sportsbook.
The “PointsBetting” style of wagering allows you to bet a maximum number of units on a contest and win (or lose) more money based on the final margin of the game. For example, if you bet 10x units on an even money point spread, and your chosen team wins by ten or more points, you win 10x units on the bet.
The $2,000 cap on the risk-free bet, and the fact that it’s spread over two bets, makes the PointsBet welcome bonus one of the more generous in the industry. Many sportsbooks offer risk-free bet bonuses, but the $2,000 max is the highest we’ve seen at Gaming Today.
Other PointsBet Sportsbook promotions include daily odds boosts, game insurance, and a $100 refer-a-friend bonus.
The overall package of promotions at PointsBet gets high marks for creativity and player-friendly offers.
PointsBet Online Sportsbook Features (5/5)
Sports bettors can find one of the most robust selections of sports and ways to wager at PointsBet.
Clicking on the “Sports A-Z” tag from the menu bar at the top left corner of the main lobby brings up a list of all available sports. All of the major domestic sports leagues appear on this menu, including the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, NASCAR, UFC, and more.
PointsBet frequently offers hundreds of different ways to wager on a single game. A Feb. 1 NBA contest between the New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls, for example, offered 279 different available wagers.
That extensive list of bets included player props, quarters and halves bets, single-game parlays, and the platform’s trademark PointBetting wagering style. The PointsBetting lines on the game looked like this:
PointsBetting: New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls (50x Cap)
|New York Knicks||+5|
Starting with the Knicks (+5) or Bulls (-3) as a baseline, you can bet up to 50 units on either side. After making that bet, you win a unit for every point your chosen team wins by after the point spread is applied.
If you bet on the Knicks (+5), for example, and New York wins the game by 10, you win 15 units (the 10-point margin of victory with the (+5) spread added. If you bet $100 units on the game and wagered at least 15 units, you would win $1,500 on the bet.
Other features include robust selections of alternative lines and the “Name A Bet” parlay. “Name A Bet” offers pre-packaged parlays with player-friendly odds boosts.
In February 2020, PointsBet announced a partnership with the NHL, which makes PointsBet a perfect sportsbook for NHL betting.
In addition to US-based leagues, PointsBet also offers a thorough selection of international betting markets. The PointsBet Sportsbook betting markets offer just about anything a bettor could want from a sportsbook.
Quality Of The Lines At PointsBet Sportsbook (5/5)
The PointsBetting wagering style is a one-of-a-kind way to bet that’s only available at PointsBet. The sportsbook also offers a comprehensive menu of fixed-odds bets, however, including all of the most popular ways to bet on sports.
Options include moneyline, traditional point spreads, totals, parlays, in-play betting, futures markets, and more.
Skilled bettors can take advantage of the fact that several different online sportsbooks operate in the state. On any given bet, sharp bettors will shop for the best possible line across different sportsbooks.
For example, Michigan’s online sports betting launch included ten different platforms going live on Jan. 22, 2021. Here’s a look at how the moneyline odds on Super Bowl LV looked at PointsBet, versus what FanDuel Sportsbook and DraftKings Sportsbook had to offer:
Super Bowl LV Moneyline Odds
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Kansas City Chiefs|
Gaming Today took this snapshot of the Super Bowl LV Moneyline Odds on the Monday before the game. All three sportsbook offers similar lines on the game, but depending on which team you want to bet, you can find an edge by line shopping.
PointsBet offers the most favorable payout (+145) on Tampa Bay while offering the least player-friendly line on favored Kansas City. DraftKings Sportsbook, on the other hand, presents the most profitable moneyline bet on the Chiefs.
All sportsbooks build lines with a slight edge going to the house. This edge, known as vig, allows the sportsbooks to make money on games and works the same way as the house edge on any casino game.
Vig varies across different games and sportsbooks. For the three bets we’ve looked at above, PointsBet takes 3.92% vig. The DraftKings line takes a 2.98% house edge, while FanDuel’s Super Bowl moneyline comes with a built-in 3.07% advantage for the sportsbook.
PointsBet offers lines that compete with anything else in the US legal sports betting market across all sports. For any given wager, PointsBet could be your best bet depending on what you’re looking for.
PointsBet Sportsbook App (5/5)
PointsBet iOS App
Apple device owners (iPhone, iPad) can find the PointsBet app as a free download in the App Store. PointsBet mobile betting translates seamlessly from the desktop version to the mobile app, including all of the features from the browser-based PointsBet platform. Apple iOS users give the PointsBet mobile betting app 4.5 stars out of 5 over more than 2,300 reviews.
PointsBet Android App
The PointsBet app for Android could be coming to the Google Play store soon. Google recently changed its stance on real-money gambling apps, and the PointsBet mobile betting app could soon show up in the Google Play store. For now, Android users can find the PointsBet app through a link at the bottom of the main lobby on the desktop version of PointsBet.
PointsBet Sportsbook Site
You can access the PointsBet Sportsbook website from virtually any desktop browser. The desktop platform offers all of the features from the PointsBet mobile app, with no download required. As with the PointsBet mobile betting app, you must be located within a state that legally offers PointsBet to use the desktop client.
Downloading The PointsBet App (5/5)
Bettors in New Jersey, Iowa, Colorado, Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan can deposit funds and make bets at PointsBet. You must be located within the limits of one of these states while you’re making a bet. Apple iOS can find PointsBet as a free download in the App Store, while Android users can get the app from the “Mobile App” link at the bottom of the PointsBet lobby. PointsBet can also be accessed through virtually any desktop browser, with no download required.
Here’s a general rundown of the registration process and how to start placing bets:
- Register For A PointsBet Account – The PointsBet homepage displays a menu that asks you to choose your state. If you’re located in one of the states where PointsBet operates (NJ, CO, IL, IA, IN, MI), you’ll be redirected to the PointsBet platform dedicated to your state. Click the “Sign Up” tab, and you’ll go to a page asking for first and last name, valid email address, and PointsBet promo code.
- Claim The Welcome Bonus – In the field asking for the “Sign Up Code” on the registration screen, enter the PointsBet promo code from this page on Gaming Today. This code unlocks two risk-free bets up to $2,000 after you’ve made your first deposit.
- Make Your First Deposit – Once you’ve registered for a new account, you can make your first deposit using several different methods. Online banking, PayPal, and Visa/MasterCard offer rapid, convenient deposit methods. PointsBet offers more deposit options in some states than others.
- Place Your First Bet – After making your first deposit, you can browse the sportsbook and start placing bets. If you used the PointsBet promo code, your first fixed-odds bet is covered by the $500 risk-free bonus. Your first PointsBetting wager is eligible for up to a $1,500 rebate if it loses.
Availability Of The PointsBet App (4/5)
PointsBet started as an Australian sports betting brand, known for its trademark PointsBetting style of wagering. The company expanded into the US in 2019 and has since emerged as one of the top up-and-coming sports betting brands on domestic shores.
PointsBet now offers legal online sports betting in New Jersey, Colorado, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, and Michigan. PointsBet Michigan became the newest arrival on that list on Jan. 22, 2021.
PointsBet secured several partnerships with major sports leagues and teams in 2020. PointsBet operates as the Official Sports Betting Partner of NBC Sports and also works as a partner of the Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, Detroit Tigers, and other sports franchises.
PointsBet New Jersey
PointsBet expansion into US territory began with the launch of PointsBet New Jersey in January 2019. The platform operates under a licensing partnership with New Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey.
The New Meadowlands license, powered by PointsBet and DraftKings Sportsbooks, functions as the top-earning license in the ultra-competitive New Jersey online sports betting market.
With more than 15 different online sports betting platforms available, Colorado represents one of the most competitive sports betting markets in the US.
PointsBet Colorado launched in November 2020 in partnership with Double Eagle Casino. PointsBet works with partnerships in place with several Colorado sports franchises, including the Colorado Avalanche and Denver Nuggets.
Illinois launched online sports betting in June 2020 and emerged as a powerhouse in the legal US market in a short time. PointsBet Illinois launched in September 2020, just in time for the NFL season. The platform operates in Illinois under a partnership with Hawthorne Race Course.
The Chicago Bears brought on PointsBet as anofficial sports betting partner shortly after the PointsBet Illinois launch.
PointsBet Michigan, along with nine other online sportsbooks, went live in Michigan on Jan. 22, 2021. Michigan projects to emerge as one of the biggest sports betting markets in the US.
Northern Waters Casino Resort acts as the land-based casino partner for PointsBet Michigan. The agreement will yield a PointsBet Casino online product at some point as well.
PointsBet acts as an official sports betting partner of the Detroit Pistons,Detroit Red Wings andDetroit Tigers.
PointsBet Review – Overall Score (4.7/5)
The PointsBet app offers one of the best overall packages in the online sports betting market. The PointsBetting option and other creative lines on each game put PointsBet in a category all its own as far as the variety of betting markets.
Bettors of all experience levels should enjoy the PointsBet platform. Since launching in 2019, the PointsBet sportsbook app has emerged as a top-tier product.
Our PointsBet Sportsbook review rates the platform at 4.7 out of 5 overall, as an average of the six categories discussed on this page.
Why You’ll Like PointsBet
- Hundreds of ways to bet on most games
- Comprehensive selection of domestic and international sports
- One-of-a-kind “PointsBetting” wagering options
What Could Be Improved
- Some states lack a few deposit options
- Not yet available in Pennsylvania
- No deposit match bonus
PointsBet App Review
Deposit And Withdrawal
- Debit/Credit Cards – Visa and MasterCard debit and credit cards can be used for deposits, but sometimes get rejected by the issuing bank.
- Online Banking – Online banking drafts an electronic check from your valid bank account, and pushes it through an Automatic Clearing House for rapid approval.
- PayPal – The most reliable deposit option, PayPal transactions go through with nearly 100% success at PointsBet.
- PointsBet MasterCard – A prepaid card exclusively offered by PointsBet, the PointsBet MasterCard links directly to your sportsbook account.
- Online Banking – The ACH/eCheck method can be used for withdrawals as well as deposits.
- PayPal – PayPal cashouts can take anywhere from 2-5 days to complete, but often close out sooner.
- PointsBet MasterCard – You can instantly transfer funds to and from your PointsBet account using this prepaid card.
PointsBet Customer Support
PointsBet offers both email and live chat support. The live chat support channel generally offers faster response, with agents available 24/7.
The “Help” link at the bottom left of the main lobby also includes information that could answer many common questions.
- New Jersey – Licensed by the Division of Gaming Enforcement, operating in partnership with New Meadowlands Racetrack. PointsBet operates as an online-only platform in New Jersey.
- Colorado – Licensed by the Colorado Division of Gaming, operating in partnership with Double Eagle Casino. The platform operates as an online-only client, but a retail PointsBet Sportsbook will open at some point at the Double Eagle Casino.
- Indiana – Licensed by the Indiana Gaming Commission, operating in partnership with Hollywood Lawrenceburg Casino. PointsBet functions as an online-only sportsbook in Indiana.
- Illinois – Licensed by the Illinois Gaming Board, operating in partnership with Hawthorne Race Course. A casino property is currently under construction at Hawthorne Race Course and eventually will offer a retail PointsBet Sportsbook.
- Iowa – Licensed by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission, operating in partnership with Catfish Bend Casino. The casino hosts an on-property PointsBet Sportsbook.
- Michigan – Licensed by the Michigan Gaming Control Board, operating in partnership with Northern Waters Casino Resort. PointsBet only offers online sports betting in Michigan.
PointsBet Sportsbook FAQs
Yes. PointsBet offers legal online sports betting in six states. You must be located in New Jersey, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, or Michigan to place a legal wager with PointsBet.
In all six states, PointsBet operates as a licensed and approved product by gaming regulators in those states.
Bettors can download the PointsBet app for Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) from the App Store. Android users can find the app on the PointsBet homepage, using the “Mobile App” link at the page’s bottom right.
The PointsBet app offers legal online wagering in New Jersey, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and Michigan. The platform can be accessed as a desktop client as well, with no download required.
PointsBet Michigan and Northern Waters Casino Resort plan to launch a PointsBet online casino at some point. Plans for a PointsBet New Jersey Casino are also in the works.
PointsBet, along with all other legal online gambling apps, uses geolocation technology to determine your location when you log in or try to place a bet.
You must be located within the borders of one of the six states where PointsBet operates to place a bet. The geolocation services will block you from betting if you’re not located in New Jersey, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, or Michigan.
Using the PointsBet promo code offered here at Gaming Today unlocks two risk-free bets up to $2,000. That $2,000 cap includes a risk-free fixed-odds wager up to $500 and a risk-free PointsBetting wager up to $1,500.
For both bets, a rebate is applied to your account if the bet ends up losing. Both risk-free bets are offered toward your first fixed-odds wager and your first PointsBetting wager made after your initial deposit.
Yes. PointsBet operates as a licensed and approved product by gaming regulation agencies in six states. PointsBet offers sports betting under license partnerships with land-based casinos in each state.
Placing a bet with the PointsBet app offers the same level of safety as placing a bet inside a legal retail casino.
PointsBet Casino bonus in Michigan
PointsBet Casino will load players up with welcome offers as soon as they register. The site has launched a two-part promotion — the first a join bonus and the second a deposit match.
The casino will give players a $25 join bonus just for completing their player profile. As with the majority of casinos, this cash will come with a playthrough requirement that will need to be met over a specified period. When you meet the requirement, you’ll then be able to withdraw any winnings you may have collected as a result of the bonus.
PointsBet will then follow this up with a deposit matchoffer, rewarding players for making their first transfer on the site. You’ll need to deposit at least $10, and the casino will 100% match it up to around $250. Again, bonus cash will need to meet a playthrough requirement before you can withdraw it.
PointsBet Casino bonus code 2021
Here’s what will be on offer to new PointsBet Michigan players when they sign up for the online casino. Make sure to click on our exclusive casino link to head through to PointsBet, as this will allow you to receive the welcome offer. When the bonus code for the offer is announced, we’ll include it in the table below.